Monday, August 09, 2004

Passing the time

I've been sitting in Jordan for 4 days now, which is actually a good way to become acclimated to a region I am unfamiliar with. J, F and I have managed to explore the restaurant scene a bit, ranging from uber-posh Thai (at a restaurant named NoodAsia of all things) to hole-in-the-wall Indian. Jordan seems particularly fond of Italian food, which is of course, not disappointing to me.

To shake things up a bit, we even went to a movie the other night, and I have now seen Fahrenheit 9/11 THREE times. I'm really starting to feel that Michael Moore could really have used some help with his editing. Seriously - it's too long. And while I love any reference to Oregon, I'm not sure that using it as an example of our unguarded borders really made the most sense. I mean, why not Canada or Mexico? Someplace that actually has problems.

Other ways to pass the time (when not working on what I actually came out here to do - reports), usually involve watching the BBC or whatever is on Channel 2 - a station that plays American films and TV shows. Yesterday was 'Top Gun' and that Tom Hanks classic, 'Turner & Hooch'. The Arabic music video channel also provides some interesting background music. Given the low quality of TV shows I was watching back in DC (everything on VH1 and Bravo, basically), things haven't changed too much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home